The Cloud Information Model (CIM) is an open consortium formed to deliver a standards-based solution for connecting enterprise products.
With CIM, you can create seamless and tailored personal experiences across cloud-native applications.
CIM facilitates interoperability:
- Achieve faster time to value through interoperability.
- Create seamless, customized experiences across cloud-native applications.
- Enable a cross-system view of data and reduce time to build and maintain integrations
CIM is a modern, open specification to help ease the pain of integrating data. CIM provides a defined standard to communicate easily between different data formats.
We welcome any and all contributors. CIM is an open sourced as part of the Joint Development Foundation (under the Linux Foundation),
Create a shared data model for all of your enterprise systems.
Four companies are currently represented in the Steering Committee: AWS, Google, Genesys, and Salesforce.
We have developed the Cloud Information Model (CIM) with a standards-based approach and translated it into multiple standards formats.
This approach enables businesses with varying technologies to adopt CIM. It also empowers contributors and fosters growth for a larger CIM ecosystem.
The community members retain full control over their own data and IP. The IP generated by CIM members while working within a CIM working group is owned by the CIM legal entity and managed according to each working group’s pre-defined policy.
CIM currently has two membership levels:
- This membership will grant you access to the Steering Committee.
- The annual cost is $50,000 and it requires your company to be a Linux Foundation member.
- This membership level is free. No payment is required.
- See table Benefits